We are looking to hire an Investment Associate to join our team. This is a mid-entry position to the firm and will be primarily engaged in the Investment Team on sourcing, evaluating, and reviewing investment opportunities.
It is a great place to accelerate knowledge about technology and the venture industry. The position will report to senior members of the investment team and support them while working with the junior team members on investment opportunities, including interface with all team members regularly.
Why join us?
AC Ventures is an early-stage technology venture fund that focuses on investing in Indonesia’s digital disruptors. Our mission is to partner and support our entrepreneurs with more than capital, combining our operating experience, industry knowledge, and deep local network to bring value. Our vision is to be a generational partner to entrepreneurs driving positive change to Indonesia and beyond through technology-enabled ventures.
We believe that entrepreneurs drive the process of value creation in new businesses. Our role is to support them in every way possible in their journey. We look for founders who have deep experience and understanding of the company they are creating and the passion and tenacity to take it to success.
With our operating experience, we work in partnership with our founders and their teams to solve the complex issues – not just the strategy questions in the board room.
We are “entrepreneurs, behind the entrepreneur,” and our team members display all the critical attributes of our founders; purpose, grit, charisma, integrity, and humility.
Investment Associate Responsibilities:
1. Research & Investment Sourcing
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- To discuss and review business cases and to work with existing portfolio companies.
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital Firms
- Maintaining a database to track opportunity information
- Monitoring portfolio companies through review of reports and interaction with management teams
2. Investment Analysis
- Lead and participate in all aspects of due diligence, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, customer surveys, and industry research
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company.
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology, including IPs
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform comprehensive analysis on investment opportunities, including but not limited to projecting forecast, valuation, and exit analysis via modeling
- Help to prepare internal investment memos.
Investment Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree from top tier university, Master Degree in a relevant field will be considered an advantage
- 3-5 years of experience in a related sector, including but not limited to finance, tech, and/or management consulting
- Fluent in English and Bahasa
- Passionate in the digital industry, investment, entrepreneurial
- Very strong work ethic, strong communicator, and fast learner
- Analytical and well versed in constructing logical arguments to defend thesis and point of view
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys taking on greater levels of responsibility and is excited to participate in building the start-up ecosystem in Indonesia
So, come and join us now!
Please email your resume/ Linkedin & cover letter to: email@example.com
Our team will respond to candidates invited for first-round interviews typically within 5 working days. Successful candidates will be asked to prepare for case study interviews which will involve presenting an investment case and one-on-one interviews with the firm’s Partners.